Thursday, July 20, 2017

Girls and Wheels

Hi friends! Becca here with yet another summer outdoors post! I mean, really, what's the point of summer if you don't spend as much time outside as is possible? 

Our little family just got a scooter, so Kirsten and I decided to take our wheels out for a spin, I being always glad for an excuse to pull out my rollerblades. 

"Watch this!" I shouted to Kirsten, who was scootering on ahead. She stopped abruptly and looked back as I began to accelerate towards her. Just as I reached top speed, I shifted my weight to one foot and spun round and round until I reached Kirsten with a neat stop, if I do say so myself. 


Kirsten just laughed and said, "You're crazy." 
"Maybe I am," I said, closing my eyes tightly as the world spun around me. "Goodness I'm dizzy!"
"Want to sit down? We could rest at that wall," Kirsten suggested, adding as I began to move jerkily to the wall, "Do you need help?"
I laughed and declined her offer, but honestly if that wall had been any further I don't think I would've made it on my own!


"Better?" Kirsten asked, settling herself atop the wall.
"Top notch!" I replied, rather breathlessly, and leaned against the wall.
"Aren't you ever afraid you'll fall flat on your face? You're not even wearing your shin and wrist guards!"
I grinned and said, "Nah, I've been doing this forever!"


 Kirsten looked unconvinced, "Well, okay. At least you're wearing a helmet."
"As if I could neglect that! What do you think I am, some sort of hooligan?" I returned in mock offense. She laughed at that, and then our conversation drifted on as we talked,

"Of shoes - and ships - and sealing wax,
Of cabbages - and kings." 



4 comments:

  1. Oh, Becca, you're just like me! Forget the shin and elbow guards for crying out loud! Rollerblading is awesome!
    ~ Light4theLord
    https://dollsnall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I know you love comments, and so do I; so please take a few seconds and say something! However, if you can't say anything nice (or appropriate, no foul language!), don't say anything at all. :)